I found out this summer about a great feature Google offers for mobile phone users: simply send a text message to "google" (466-453) with the name of a store, restaurant, government agency, etc. followed by the city the place is located, and in roughly ten seconds you'll have the address and phone number. Today I wanted to know the phone number of a local comedy club in light of an appearance by Dave Coulier, or Joey from the sitcom Full House. I sent my text to Google, and along with the listing I was looking for, I got a pretty extensive list to choose from:

-If you're in San Francisco and need to rent a movie, text "blockbuster sf"
-Looking for weather in New York City? text "W nyc"
-Don't want to listen to the movie listings guy on the phone? text "M 58103" to see what's showing in Fargo, ND
-Checking the status of your flight?: text the airline and flight number -like "ua 14"
-If you need a sports update, text the location and team name (example: mn vikings, ny jets)
-Do you have a lot more money than me? text "goog" for a market update on Google's stock. Or if you're interested in how Target's doing , try "stock tgt"
-If you're out shopping and think you can get a better deal online, text "price ..." if you're wondering how much an ipod is going for, simply text "price ipod".
-Too lazy to use your cell phone's calculator feature? text 334*94 and you'll get 31,396

and my favorite, text "D" plus a word you need to know the definition of, and it'll send you back a dictionary entry and the source it came from.

I believe this is something Google works on pretty frequently, so check out their Mobile web site to see an all inclusive list as well as any updates.